Best double end bags
Lots of people are into boxing, and it is pretty easy to see why. You get a good cardio, you can discipline yourself, learn a contact sport, and the reasons can continue. However, not all of us can install a heavy bag at home. Fortunately, there are alternatives, and one of the things you can do is invest in the best double end bag. It is considered the next best thing, but you do not have to hang a massive piece of equipment from your ceiling.
A double end punching bag is a lot smaller than a heavy bag, and you can learn a lot of other skills. You can learn to move fast, improve your reflexes, and your coordination will be flawless. Your punches will be more accurate as well, so it seems as if you can benefit a lot from it, right?
Types of double end bags
I am not going to go into detail, but what you need to know is that there are two types:
- The traditional double end bag – this one comes with flexible cords. The size of the ball can differ, but this is a great tool to improve your punching speed. The shape can either be a sphere or speed bag style. This is the most commonly used type.
- The Mexican style double end bag – this one looks like someone has sewn together two balls and formed the shape of the number eight. You can practice your uppercuts with this one, but other punching styles as well. However, there is a considerable difference between the traditional double end bag and this one. The Mexican double end bag is larger and heavier, which means it will not bounce as much. With that being said, you cannot expect speed from this one.
The advantages of using a double end bag
If you like boxing, then you should know that a double end bag would be an excellent addition to your routine. You can enjoy plenty of benefits, and it will help you in more than one way. Here is what I am talking about:
- You can learn evasive training techniques – let’s face it, you cannot learn such techniques on your own. Only a trainer can replace a double end bag, and if you like to train at home, alone, that is just not However, a double end bag will help you with that. You save time and money, but at the same time, you learn some valuable techniques.
- You improve your counter punching skills – when the double end bag comes toward you at that rate, you have no choice but to hit it. It will not hit you back, but the speed with which it moves can be used as an advantage. It may take a while until you learn to be as fast, but when you eventually do, you will pretty happy with yourself.
- You get to improve your punching placement – that is pretty easy with a heavy bag. After all, it is a big thing in front of you. A double end bag, on the other hand, is not as easy to target. Since it moves very fast, you need to have a perfect eye-hand coordination. Lucky for you, that is precisely what a double end bag does. Your coordination will improve considerably.
- You will increase your speed – I think that goes without saying. Apparently, a lot of benefits can be drawn from the speed with which the ball is moving. When you first start using the double end bag, you will have the impression that it moves too fast for you. But after a while, after you train enough and get the hang of it you will have no issues in keeping up. Only then you will see the difference.
- You will get your feet to move fast as well – you cannot train with a double end bag without moving your legs, so there is some legwork as well. You will become faster in your movements, and that is a benefit in itself.
- Do not forget to have fun – maybe it is entirely irrelevant for your training, but it is a lot of fun to punch a double end bag. It moves fast, the endorphins are flowing, so it is impossible not to have a good time. I actually think that you will get a high out of it.
How to choose the best double end bag?
Looking for a double end bag is not difficult. In order to make the right choice, all you have to do is pay attention to the details. If you have no idea where to start from, below you will find a list of all the things you need to consider.
- Material – this is important because it will determine your double end bag’s lifespan. You should look for leather or synthetic leather, but keep in mind that real leather is a bit pretentious. While it may last longer than synthetic materials and provide a better user experience, leather is sensitive in damp environments. Also, it is more expensive.
- Stitching – while you may see fine stitching on all products, it is impossible to know if they last. That is why my recommendation is to check double end bag reviews. Only people who have already bought a particular product can actually tell you if the stitches will hold.
- The inner bladder – this is one of the most important aspects you need to remember. You have two choices: latex or rubber. The latter is more durable than the former, but it is a little beat heavier, so the ball may not bounce back with the same speed. On the other hand, latex is lighter than rubber, but the disadvantage is that it may require reinflation from time to time. Whichever you choose, keep in mind that a bladder is not very expensive, and you can easily change it.
- Size – you should choose the size of the ball according to your skill level. A larger double end bag will be easier to hit because it has a larger contact area. If you are a beginner, that should be best for you. Smaller models are for advanced users since they already have the proper training to actually hit the ball where it counts. Also, the larger model will move slower, naturally, and it will help you get the hang of punching it.
- The cords – the rule for cords is simple. If the double end bag is light, you need lighter ropes, and if your ball is heavy, you need sturdier cords. The result of the other way around is not pleasant. If your ball is light and you choose sturdy cords, it will barely move, and if the ball is heavy, but the cords are light, they will not have the proper amount of strength for rebound. Fortunately, the models you find online are sold with the cords recommended by the manufacturers, so you should have no issues there.
What are the best double end bags?
Fortunately for all of us, there are plenty of models you can choose from. However, if you have no idea what you are doing, you can always count on one of the models described below. They all have excellent customers’ reviews, and I am sure that you will appreciate their quality.
Title Boxing Classic Advanced Double End Bag
The double end bag from Title Boxing is an 8-inch ball, which means that is not suitable for beginners. You can try, but you will have a hard time punching it. However, if you have been using one for a while, then this model is perfect for you. It is a high-quality double end bag that you will enjoy for many years to come.
The cover is made from durable synthetic leather, which makes it lightweight. It will bounce right back. The seams are welted, which makes them exceptionally sturdy. You will not experience tears anytime soon. The triple reinforced hanging loops ensure an excellent user experience. They manage to hold the bag with incredible strength. As for the bladder, it is made of durable butyl rubber. Reinflation is not necessary, but if that happens, it is very easy to inflate. You can also change it in time if you want to.
The hanging cords are secure and ensure a proper rebound. They are made in accordance with the double end bag’s weight and size. As for the material, they are made of durable nylon, and the top and bottom are covered in rubber. Overall, this is an excellent product, and you will be more than satisfied with it.
Sgodde Leather Double End Bag
The Sgodde double end bag is yet another model more suitable for experienced boxers. It is even smaller than the previous model, with only approximately 7.87 inches in diameter, so you need a bit of skill to hit it right. Even so, this small double end bag is endurable and resilient. It is made of two layers of high-quality textile on the inside, and the exterior is made of PU leather. While it is durable and sturdy, it provides an excellent user experience.
The bladder is made of rubber, which makes the ball a bit heavy, but you can inflate it easily with an air pump when in use, and deflate it for easy storage. Along with the double end bag, you will also receive elastic straps and hooks that will connect the two ends of the bag to the floor and to the ceiling. Installation is effortless. The ball will move fast in all direction, which will improve your hand-eye coordination.
This ball has been designed primarily for improving your punching speed, but you can also use it for boxing or any other type of training. You can use it at home, or you can take it to the gym (as long as the venue has a floor and ceiling accessories.) I am sure that you will love this model if you decide to buy it.
Ringside Leather Boxing Double End Bag
Last but not least, the double end bag from Ringside comes in various sizes, 5, 7, and 9 inches, so you can enjoy this product no matter your skill level. If you are a beginner, the 9-inch double end bag is more suitable for you, and if you have been punching a speedball for a while, you can try and train with the 5-inch double end bag, or the 7-inch.
Just as the title suggests, this double end bag is made with real leather, which makes it incredibly durable. You will not need a new one anytime soon. The stitches are strong, which means you do not have to worry about it. The bladder is made of latex, something that not everyone likes. The downside is that you may have to inflate your double end bag every time you want to train. Other than that, this is an excellent product.
The top and bottom loops are triple reinforced, so you do not need to worry about the setup. The bungee cords you get with the package are highly efficient and provide a good rebound. Installation does not require a lot of time and energy. I think that you will like this model.
While all three products will satisfy your needs, there is one that exceeds the others. I am talking about the Title Boxing Classic Advanced Double End Bag. It is durable, has all the right features, and the price is reasonable. I think it is one of the best double end bags in this price range, which is why I strongly recommend it if you ever want to improve your punching speed.
All boxers use a double end bag. While the heavy bag comes with its own advantages, you cannot learn to improve your speed using it. You need a double end bag for that. Any of the products above is excellent for you. All you have to do is choose one. Good luck! Click here to buy on Amazon
- What You Need to Know About Uppercut Bag
- Where to Find Double Bag Boxing
- The Definitive Solution for Double End Bag Boxing
- Cleto Reyes Double End Bag Explained
- Buying Everlast Double End Striking Bag
- The Top Secret Truth About Speedball Boxing Uncovered
- All About Speed Bag Stand
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Speed Ball Boxing
- The Most Neglected Solution for Double End Heavy Bag
- Want to Know More About Small Double End Bag?
- Top Boxing Speed Ball Tips!
- The Unusual Secret of Double End Bag Bungee Cords
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Double End Boxing Bag
- The Fight Against Double End Bag Anchor
- What Does Double Double End Bag Mean?
- The Definitive Manual to Mexican Double End Bag
- Reliable Strategies for Boxing Speed Bag You Can Use Immediately
- Why Everyone Is Talking About Title Reflex Bag and What You Have to Do
- A Secret Weapon for Boxing Training Equipment
- Effective Strategies for Double Ended Boxing Bag That You Can Use Starting Today
- Boxing Bag Stand Fundamentals Explained
- Understanding Two Person Sleeping Bag
- The Most Popular Punching Bag Stand
- The War Against Double Sleeping Bag
- Double End Bag for Sale – the Conspriracy
- The Supreme Approach for Double End Ball
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Double End Striking Bag
- Double End Punching Bag for Dummies
- Most Noticeable Everlast Double End Bag
- Vital Pieces of Double End Speed Bag
- The Importance of Boxing Double End Bag
- The New Angle On Title Double End Bag Just Released
- Get the Scoop on Double End Bag Stand Before You’re Too Late
- The Double Ended Bag Stories
- The Importance of Double End Bag